Clint Walker (1927-2018) was a popular movie and television actor from the 1950s to the 1970s, probably best remembered for starring in the TV show Cheyenne. Many of his fans have wondered if the handsome Clint Walker was married. In fact, Clint Walker was married three times.
Was Clint Walker Married?
Clint Walker's Wives
Clint Walker's first wife was Verna Garver, who he married in 1948, before his acting career began, and divorced in 1968. Clint and Verna had one child together, Valerie.
While the couple was living in Las Vegas (where Walker was a deputy sheriff providing security at the Sands Hotel) several actors, including Van Johnson, apparently suggested to Walker that he should try acting.
In 1974, he married Giselle Hennessey, who died of cancer in 1994.
He then married Susan Cavallari in 1997. They were married until his death in 2018 at the age of 90.
Clint Walker’s three marriages can attest to the fact that he was always popular among the ladies for his tall frame (he was 6 feet 6 inches) and sculpted physique.
Clint Walker's Life
Here are a few interesting things that happened in Walker’s life:
- Many people are not aware of the fact that Clint Walker was a twin. He and his twin sister Lucy were born on May 30, 1927 in Hartford, Illinois.
- Cecil B. DeMille was said to have taken a liking to Clint shortly after he arrived in Hollywood and offered him a part in his latest film, The Ten Commandments.
- Clint Walker got his big break playing Cheyenne Bodie in the TV show Cheyenne. It was TV's first hour-long Western.
- He would go on to star in several big movies, including The Night of the Grizzly, The Great Bank Robbery, and The Dirty Dozen, a popular World War II-based action film featuring Telly Savalas and a number of other popular actors from that era.
- Clint was a very good singer and recorded an album of songs and ballads for Warner Bros.
- Clint Walker's real name was Norman Eugene Walker, but “Clint” became his nickname and de facto stage name.
- In 1971, he was in a freak skiing accident at Mammoth Mountain, California, where the tip of a ski pole pierced his heart. He made a full and speedy recovery and was back at work filming just a couple of months later.
You can find more information about the actor on Clint Walker's fan site, which Walker ran himself with the help of his third wife, Susan.