Are you interested to learn about one of the United States more recent presidents, Bill Clinton?
What Are Some Facts About Bill Clinton?
Bill Clinton Facts
- He was born on August 19, 1946.
- His birthplace was Hope, Arkansas.
- Clinton lived in Little Rock with his family.
- Clinton was baptized at Park Place Baptist Church.
- His father died in a car accident three months before he was born.
- His last name was originally Blythe.
- His full name is William Jefferson Clinton.
- He took the name of Clinton while he was in high school because Roger Clinton was his stepfather.
- His mother's name was Virginia Dell Cassidy.
- His mother was a nurse.
- He has one brother, Roger Jr., who he pardoned for crimes while he was in office.
- When he was in high school, he played the saxophone in a jazz trio known as the "Three Blind Mice." He continues to enjoy playing the sax.
- He was an extraordinary student.
- He attended Georgetown University and graduated in 1968.
- He went on to Yale University Law School, from which he graduated in 1973.
- He was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University.
- In 1974, he was a first year law professor.
- He became the governor of Arkansas when he was 32 years old. He was the youngest governor at the time in the United States.
- The Clintons lived in the Arkansas Governor's Mansion for 12 years.
- He was the 42nd President of the United States.
- Bill Clinton won 43% of the vote the first time that he ran for President.
- He was 46 years old when he was inaugurated. He was the third youngest President of the United States.
- Clinton was the first elected President of the United States to be impeached. The impeachment occurred in 1998.
- He was impeached due to lying about his affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
- He held office for two terms, from January 20, 1993, until January 20, 2001.
- Clinton was the first two term Democratic President since Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
- Although he was a Democrat, Clinton was more moderate in his policies than other Democrats have been in the past. Some people have categorized a few of his policies as being centrist.
- The ratification of the North American Free Trade Agreement happened while he was in office.
- On his last day as the President, he gave 140 pardons.
- People see his healthcare plans as his biggest failure.
- He identifies as a Baptist, which is a type of Christianity.
- He is 6 foot, 2 inches tall.
- His wife is Hillary Rodham Clinton, who is also a well known name in the political sphere.
- He is still an active public speaker.
These facts were selected to provide the most important facts about Bill Clinton.