Prince Harry is the younger son of Charles, the Prince of Wales and the late Diana, the princess of Wales. His older brother is William.
Prince Harry Facts
- Prince Henry Charles Albert David was born on September 15, 1984 at St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington.
- He was christened by the Archbishop of Canterbury at St. George's Chapel in Windsor in December of 1984.
- His full name is His Royal Highness Prince Henry Charles Albert David of Wales. He has always been referred to as Prince Harry.
- He went to nursery school at Mrs. Jane Mynors' nursery school in London beginning at the age of three. He went to Wetherby School and then to Ludgrove School.
- In 1998 he started his studies at Eton College in Windsor. He left Eton in 2003 with A levels in Geography and Art.
- On August 31, 1997, his mother died.
- In November of that year, he went with his father to South Africa where he went on a safari and attended a concert where the Spice Girls performed. He also met President Nelson Mandela there.
- To prepare for a military career, Prince Harry attended the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst beginning in 2005.
- He received his commission as an Army officer in 2006 and the Queen had the role of Reviewing Officer at the Passing Out Parade.
- As a member of the Household Cavalry, he served in Afghanistan for two months between 2007 and 2008.
- After that, he decided he wanted to train to become a pilot of military helicopters.
- Prince Harry was presented his wings by his father on May 7, 2010 at a ceremony at the Army Air Corps Base in Middle Wallop.
- Prince Harry is currently a Lieutenant in The Blues and Royals.
- Medals he has received are the Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal (2002) and the Operational Service Medal for Afghanistan (2008).
- His goal now is to be trained on the Apache attack helicopters and he could possibly see active duty again.
Recent and Current Events
- Even though he is engaged in a military career, he still makes time for charitable work.
- He is patron to several charities and is joint founder and patron of Sentebale, which helps children who were orphaned because of AIDS in Lesotho, South Africa.
- One way he supports charities is through sports. He has joined his father and brother in polo matches that were organized for charity.
- In 2009, his grandmother, the Queen, gave his brother and him their own royal household. It has a small staff to manage the household and the brothers’ royal and military duties and their public and charitable activities.
- Prince Harry enjoys skiing, motocross, and polo.
- He has developed a reputation of being a little wild, with activities like smoking marijuana and underage drinking. However, he was known as “The Happy Prince” because he smiled so much.
- He enjoys skiing and took a trip to Whistler, Canada with his father and brother in 1998.
- When he turned 18 in 2002, the Queen gave him his own Coat of Arms.
- After leaving Eton, he spent time in Australia and Africa, where he worked at an orphanage.
- He returned home to study for the Regular Commissions Board (RCB) exams and he passed them in 2004.